Madam President, Declare War on Corruption
Extract of my letter I wrote to the President of India on 27th December 2010:
I propose to you, Hon’ble Madam President:
- To call for the joint-session of Parliament and declare `War on Corruption’,
- To ratify the UNCAC Treaty,
- To reiterate that the three wings of Government have coequal duty and fiscal responsibility without one crossing the threshold values of the other,
- To enact Article 10 UNCAC – Public Reporting – by an Act of Parliament as a mandatory disclosure of Public Expenditure,
- To establish Institute of Ethical Standards of India, as a statutory body by an Act of Parliament.
Visitors are requested to go through this site on the book published that has as its main case-study on UNCAC – United Nations Convention Against Corruption. This book is the most comprehensive analysis and a tool to check corruption. Please see the Author, Book Review and please do get in touch with me to bring in a solid gridlock on the Government without a chance of any escape. UNCAC ratification will not only prevent corruption but would give the people a say in the government. UNCAC is a constitutional document far superior to Constitution of US including the 1st Amendment as well far superior to RTI. I will give the needed guidance. Request Amte or anyone not to go on a hunger strike but give me support to bring in the ratification of UNCAC by India. Rest, be assured of an effective control on corruption.
Jayaraman Rajah Iyer